PluginFlipFlop is a tool intended to be used with jBridge/jBridgeM.
Ideally, you should never need this, but I came up with this idea after a terrible live session where my DAW kept hanging/crashing due to a problematic untested combination ( It’s always a bad idea to prepare things the hour before ).
So, I thought it would be useful to have something that could have a second plugin ready to replace one that for some reason stops working, or even try to recover it. I added some extra features while making it, like for example a global console window where you can see notifications about the contained plugin’s status.
What it does:
– Can load VST 2.x plugins inside of it ( only those, currently ).
– Available as a AU/VST fx/synth.
– Can try to recover a crashed plugin ( it will restore the last saved settings in your DAW ). You can also set a 2nd plugin to be switched to if something goes wrong.
Current known limitations:
– Shell plugins are not ( yet ) supported. Waiting for someone to request it.
– Automation is not available for the contained plugins.